Read the following Bible passage, then answer the short questions. Consider the practical suggestions at the end of the study.
17. But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold.
18. They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."
19. These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.
20. But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.
21. Keep yourselves in Gods love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
22. Be merciful to those who doubt;
23. snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
24. To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy--
25. to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
How are porn sites like the "scoffers" mentioned in verses 18-19 above?
There are many ways porn sites and their producers resemble the mockers cited by Jude.
But no way is more hurtful than how their dark arts divide us strugglers from each other.
For porn is secretive. We hide our indulgence in it, usually out of shame.
This makes it hard for us to seek help, even from fellow strugglers the very people who, paradoxically, could help us stand strong.
For when strugglers band together, their composite strength is powerful and durable.
No wonder one Old Testament writer declared:Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12
So if you want to stand strong against porn, find some fellow strugglers who want the same thing.
Together, your resolve wont be "quickly broken."